| ||Democrats' Plan: Benefit Cuts & Bankruptcy || |
|WHICH PLAN LEAVES MEDICARE BANKRUPT? || |
By doing nothing, Democrats are allowing Medicare to go bankrupt within the next decade.
- “Medicare is headed for bankruptcy faster than expected. ... Instead of getting serious, the Democrats are falling back on political scare tactics. … Neither the president nor the congressional Democrats has offered any alternative plan to save Medicare.” (Democrats demagogue Medicare, Washington Times, 5/15/11)
- “Those who disagree with Ryan's Medicare prescription haven't offered credible alternatives. And this much is clear: Ryan's plan is much better than the status quo, which will result in Medicare going bankrupt.” (Don’t let Medicare go bankrupt, Wisconsin State Journal, 5/23/11)
The Republican plan lifts the burden of debt that threatens jobs while preserving Medicare for current seniors & future retirees.
- “[T]the Obama health law, passed by Democrats last year, already eviscerated Medicare. … Rep. Paul Ryan's entitlement-reform vision … would undo much of the damage, while charting a new course to ensure Medicare doesn't run out of money.” (Who ended 'Medicare as we know it'?, New York Post, 5/24/11)
- “The plan crafted by House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan, Wisconsin Republican, would shore up the system so that it doesn’t bankrupt the country.” (Democrats demagogue Medicare, Washington Times, 5/15/11)
|WHICH PLAN CUTS BENEFITS & RATIONS CARE FOR SENIORS? || |
Democrats’ ObamaCare law created a “rationing board” that will lead to “the political rationing of care for the elderly” by unelected bureaucrats.
- “The fact of the matter is that IPAB won’t make the notoriously inefficient Medicare program any more efficient. Through arbitrary reductions on payments to providers, it will simply reduce the supply of care.” (The Road to IPAB, National Review, 4/19/11)
Under the GOP plan, there are no changes and no disruptions for Americans over the age of 55.
- “Medicare is speeding off a fiscal cliff. Ryan's plan slows that momentum, starting in 2022. Anyone 55 or over today would not be affected. These Americans are either retired or have planned for a retirement with traditional Medicare benefits.” (Don't play Mediscare, Chicago Tribune, 4/12/11)
- “Ryan is trying to fix Medicare's unsustainable financial path so its benefits are still available to younger Americans when they retire decades from now.” (Don’t let Medicare go bankrupt, Wisconsin State Journal, 5/23/11)
|WHICH PLAN SAVES MEDICARE? || |
Democrats are spending their time attacking Republicans for one reason: the Democrats’ Medicare plan means bankruptcy and benefit cuts.
- “[T]he Democratic ‘plan’ for Medicare — to leave things as they are — is even worse than it seems on the surface. … It’s not the House Republican Budget that is undoing it, it’s the current structure of the program, exacerbated by Obamacare.” (Re: Dems on Medicare, National Review, 5/9/11)
The Republican plan saves Medicare for current and future generations while making no changes for those in and near retirement.
- “This budget's reforms will protect health and retirement security. This starts with saving Medicare. ... Reform that empowers individuals—with more help for the poor and the sick—will guarantee that Medicare can fulfill the promise of health security for America's seniors.” (The GOP Path to Prosperity, Wall Street Journal, 4/5/11)