"We Can't Wait" for Senate Democrats to Pass the "Forgotten 15" for Jobs
The Republican Plan for America's Job Creators addresses our challenges "from the view of the small businesspeople," says Rep. Bobby Schilling (R-IL) in the Weekly Republican Address. He says the GOP jobs plan "works to clear out barriers to job creation by addressing excessive regulations, fixing our tax code and closing loopholes, and paying down our debt." Schilling also calls for quick action on the "forgotten 15" House-passed jobs bills gathering dust in the Democrat-led Senate. Watch the weekly address here and read more below:Job Creators Call Excessive Government Regulations a Top Obstacle as "Forgotten 15" Languish in Democrat-Controlled Senate:
- According to Politico, a new Gallup survey found “small-business owners rank ‘complying with government regulations’ as the most important problem that they face.”
- President Obama says "we can't wait" to take action on jobs. Speaker Boehner told Laura Ingraham, "You know what, we can’t wait. We’ve got 15 bills that have passed the House that would help job creators around our country. They’re called the Forgotten 15; they’re sitting over in the United States Senate." We can't wait for Senate Democrats to pass them.
- We also can't wait for the Senate to pass a budget, the president to support a Balanced Budget Amendment, the administration to stop blocking American energy production ...
- In the weekly address, Schilling says the "forgotten 15" - part of the GOP jobs plan - represent opportunities to build on recent common ground between the two parties.
- Republican lawmakers, staff, and activists have co-opted the president's "we can't wait" slogan to urge the Senate to pass these "forgotten 15" bills.
Some of the House-Passed Jobs Bills Currently Delayed in the Democrat-led Senate Include:
- The House passed the Veterans Opportunity to Work Act which improves access to education and training and breaks down the barriers to employment for America's veterans.
- Another one of the forgotten 15 - the bipartisan bill stopping new government regulations on boilers used in factories and hospitals - would protect more than 200,000 jobs nationwide.
- The House voted to repeal the IRS withholding tax which threatens any business - large or small - that works with any level of government. Repeal is supported by state and local governments, a broad coalition of job creators, and President Obama as well.
- Job creators and local officials are backing the Southeast Arizona Land Exchange and Conservation Act which will create thousands of new American jobs "without spending a dime."
- The House has passed several bills to expand American energy production and reverse the Obama administration's de facto moratorium. Learn more about the American Energy Initiative.
Some of the Upcoming Jobs Bills to be Voted on in the House Include:
- This week the House will vote on legislation increasing access to resources for small businesses. Watch Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) discuss this legislation here.
- The Judiciary Committee approved the Regulations From the Executive in Need of Scrutiny (REINS) Act, Pledge to America legislation that requires congressional approval of new federal regulations with a major impact on the economy.
- The Regulatory Accountability Act is bipartisan legislation that would reform the federal regulatory process and reduce unnecessary burdens on job creators.
- Learn more about the GOP jobs plan, and keep track of the "forgotten 15" and other House-passed jobs bills, using new apps from Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) and this regularly updated print-out.
- Speaker Boehner’s Press Office