Speaker Ryan welcomed Sergio Mattarella, the president of the Italian Republic, to the U.S. Capitol this week for a bipartisan meeting with fellow House leaders. The speaker emphasized the enduring friendship between the Italian and American people. They discussed the path forward on the common security challenges facing Italy and the U.S. in the Middle East and North Africa.
— Paul Ryan (@SpeakerRyan) February 11, 2016
- House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
- House Republican Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA)
- House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (D-MD)
- Foreign Affairs Committee Ranking Member Eliot Engel (D-NY)
- Congressman Pat Tiberi (R-OH)
- Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro (D-CT)