WASHINGTON, DC – Today, House Republicans – including newly elected and returning lawmakers – selected their leadership team for the 113th Congress. The new team held a press conference highlighting their commitment to listening to the American people and focusing on their priorities. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) made the following remarks:
“Republicans are humbled by the confidence that the American people have placed in our House majority, and we’re united and focusing on their top priority, which is jobs. I’m proud of my leadership colleagues who have been elected today to serve as our leaders in the next Congress. And while we have some of us that are returning to the leadership, we have new members, and you’ll get to hear from them in a moment.
“Listen, our majority is the primary line of defense for the American people against a government that spends too much, borrows too much when left unchecked. I’ve outlined a framework for how both parties can work together to avert the fiscal cliff without raising tax rates. And through a combination of pro-growth tax reform and entitlement reform, we can bring jobs home and make our economy stronger.
“Listen, with so many challenges that are ahead of us the American people need to see us act courageously, think selflessly, and lead boldly, and our majority is up to the task - and I expect the president is as well.”
The House Republican leadership team for the 113th Congress is as follows:
- Speaker of the House: Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) | @SpeakerBoehner
- Majority Leader: Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA) | @GOPLeader
- Majority Whip: Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) | @GOPWhip
- Conference Chairman: Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) | @CathyMcMorris
- NRCC Chairman: Rep. Greg Walden (R-OR) | @RepGregWalden
- Policy Committee Chairman: Rep. James Lankford (R-OK) | @RepLankford
- Conference Vice-Chair: Rep. Lynn Jenkins (R-KS) |@RepLynnJenkins
- Conference Secretary: Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-NC) | @virginiafoxx
- Sophomore Representative: Rep. Tim Scott (R-SC) | @RepTimScott
- Freshman Representative: Rep.-elect Ann Wagner (R-MO)
- Rules Committee Chairman: Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX) | @PeteSessions