- Keeps our promise to repeal and replace Obamacare
- Provides a stable transition to a patient-centered system
- Means lower costs, more choices, and greater control over your health care
Keeps our promise to repeal and replace Obamacare
- Under Obamacare, premiums are soaring, choices are dwindling, and things are only getting worse. The head of a major insurance company recently stated that the law is in a ‘death spiral.’
- The American Health Care Act rescues people from this collapsing law, and begins a stable transition to a patient-centered system that gives every American access to quality, affordable care.
A stable transition to a patient-centered system
- With a stable transition, we will make sure that no one has the rug pulled out from under them.
- Our plan protects patients with pre-existing conditions, and ensures young adults can remain on their parents’ plan.
- Our plan protects access to quality care for the poor and most vulnerable.
Lower costs, more choices, and greater control over your health care
The American Health Care Act means lower costs, more choices, and greater control over your health care:
- Protects the poor and most vulnerable by modernizing and strengthening Medicaid and giving states greater flexibility to serve the patients most in need.
- Helps middle-income Americans gain access to affordable coverage by providing advanceable, refundable monthly tax credits for people who don’t receive insurance through work or a government program.
- Promotes more choice and competition among insurers by enhancing health savings accounts (HSAs) so that you have more freedom and flexibility with your health care dollars.
- Empowers states to better serve people in need through patient-state stability funds that can be used to support high-risk pools, reinsurance programs, and cut out-of-pocket costs.
- Eliminates costly insurance mandates so that consumers can more easily buy the kind of plan that fits their particular needs.