Washington, D.C. – House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy (CA-23) issued the following statement in response to the Biden administration’s initial handling of the investigation and the unanswered questions that remain regarding this weekend’s attack at a Colleyville synagogue.
“Over the past 48 hours, President Biden’s Justice Department has gone from denying the clear and religious, anti-Semitic implications of this attack to now backtracking to what we all already knew to be true. Now as more information becomes available, it only raises more questions:
- Why were Biden officials downplaying terrorist attacks within our borders?
- Why did the FBI initially disregard the role anti-Semitism played in this hostage situation?
- What indications were missed in the lead up to this attack because resources were redirected to other areas?
- How was it that someone with an apparent criminal record and suspicious travel history was allowed into the United States to begin with?
- What national security concerns remain?
“The Biden administration must answer for how this case has already been mishandled, and must provide a clear strategy on how they plan to continue to investigate the outstanding terror threats.”