Dear Colleague on President Biden's Day One Executive Actions
Dear Democratic Colleague,
Today, when President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris took the oath of office, it was a breath of fresh air for our democracy, for America and for our future. Happily, today, Senator Chuck Schumer became the Majority Leader of the Senate.
Now, our Democratic House Majority will work to deliver progress For The People – to honor Joe Biden’s promise that “Help is On the Way.” Working with the Biden-Harris Administration and the new Democratic Majority in the Senate, we will ensure that our nation will recover from the coronavirus and economic crises. And we will Build Back Better in a way that will advance justice, equality and progress for all Americans.
We must get to work immediately – which is why I am pleased to support President Biden’s Day One Executive Actions to meet the needs of the American people, which will start by addressing the coronavirus. These Executive Actions will:
- Crush the coronavirus: by launching a unified, all-of-government response to increase mask-wearing and other science-based steps to stop the virus’s spread. It also takes specific action to address the disproportionate impact on communities of color, while recognizing the importance of re-engaging with the international community.
- Deliver urgent economic relief: by extending moratoriums on evictions, foreclosures and student loan payments.
- Combat the climate crisis: by rejoining the historic Paris Climate Agreement and rolling back Trump’s special interest, dirty energy Executive Actions.
- Honor our nation’s diverse heritage: by protecting Dreamers and TPS and DED recipients, rescinding the Muslim ban and taking bold action to end anti-LGBTQ discrimination.
- Advance racial equality: by launching a whole-of-government initiative to promote racial equity.
As President Biden said in his inaugural address to our nation, “Today is America’s day. Today is Democracy’s day.” Let us rejoice in this exciting day.
Thanks for your patriotic leadership, as we continue together For The People.