The Message to Trump is Clear: Open Up Government
- President Trump’s disapproval rating has reached a record-high with 57 percent of registered voters disapproving of his job performance.
- 60 percent of independent voters disapprove of the President's performance.
- A 54 percent majority blame President Trump and Congressional Republicans for the government shutdown.
- Most Americans don't think the issue of a border wall is worth a government shutdown.
- 66 percent of Americans want President Trump to agree to a budget without funding his wall.
- 47 percent of Americans say Pelosi is doing a better job handling shutdown negotiations, compared to only 35 percent who say Trump is doing better – and independents give the edge to Pelosi.
This week, Democrats will continue to take action to end the Trump Shutdown – protecting our workers, securing our borders and meeting the needs of the American people. With federal employees preparing to miss another crucial paycheck, the message to President Trump is clear: for the sake of the country, open up the government.