The Message to Trump is Clear: Open Up Government
January 23, 2019
As the Trump Government Shutdown reaches an unprecedented 33rd day, the American people have had enough of the President holding the country hostage to his wasteful, ineffective border wall.
- President Trump’s disapproval rating has reached a record-high with 57 percent of registered voters disapproving of his job performance.
- 60 percent of independent voters disapprove of the President’s performance.
- A 54 percent majority blame President Trump and Congressional Republicans for the government shutdown.
- Most Americans don’t think the issue of a border wall is worth a government shutdown.
- 66 percent of Americans want President Trump to agree to a budget without funding his wall.
- 47 percent of Americans say Pelosi is doing a better job handling shutdown negotiations, compared to only 35 percent who say Trump is doing better – and independents give the edge to Pelosi.
This week, Democrats will continue to take action to end the Trump Shutdown – protecting our workers, securing our borders and meeting the needs of the American people. With federal employees preparing to miss another crucial paycheck, the message to President Trump is clear: for the sake of the country, open up the government.