Pelosi Announces Committee Chairs Approved by Democratic Caucus for the 117th Congress
Washington, D.C. – Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced that the Democratic Caucus has approved the following committee chairs for the 117th Congress.
“Our Caucus, the Congress and the nation have been blessed and strengthened by the strategic experience, bold vision and tireless service that these outstanding Members bring to the table,” said Speaker Nancy Pelosi. “With their gavels, our brilliant chairs will harness their diversity of backgrounds and experiences to unify our Caucus as our House Majority, in partnership with the Democratic Biden-Harris Administration, continues to work together to deliver results For The People.”
This announcement includes the first African American chairs of the Agriculture and Foreign Affairs committees in history.
Additional committee chairs will be named in weeks ahead.
- Agriculture: David Scott of Georgia
- Appropriations: Rosa DeLauro of Connecticut
- Armed Services: Adam Smith of Washington
- Budget: John Yarmuth of Kentucky
- Education & Labor: Bobby Scott of Virginia
- Energy & Commerce: Frank Pallone of New Jersey
- Financial Services: Maxine Waters of California
- Foreign Affairs: Gregory Meeks of New York
- Homeland Security: Bennie Thompson of Mississippi
- House Administration: Zoe Lofgren of California
- Judiciary: Jerrold Nadler of New York
- Natural Resources: Raúl Grijalva of Arizona
- Oversight & Reform: Carolyn Maloney of New York
- Rules: Jim McGovern of Massachusetts
- Science, Space & Technology: Eddie Bernice Johnson of Texas
- Small Business: Nydia Velázquez of New York
- Transportation & Infrastructure: Peter DeFazio of Oregon
- Veterans’ Affairs: Mark Takano of California
- Ways & Means: Richard Neal of Massachusetts