Pelosi Leads Delegation to Munich Security Conference, NATO Headquarters and European Commission
Washington, D.C. – Speaker Nancy Pelosi is leading a congressional delegation to the 2020 Munich Security Conference, to NATO Headquarters and to the European Commission in Brussels, Belgium.
“Our delegation is traveling at a critical time for the transatlantic partnership,” said Speaker Pelosi. “We look forward to engaging with our partners on core issues of national security, counterterrorism, non-proliferation, cybersecurity, climate and economic opportunity as we affirm the strength of the NATO alliance and our democratic values in the face of authoritarianism.”
At the Munich Security Conference, the delegation will participate in high-level conversations and bilateral meetings with U.S. allies and partners on pressing global security issues. In Brussels, the delegation will meet with top NATO commanders and U.S. military leaders, NATO ambassadors and parliamentarians from allied nations, and senior EU officials.
The Members of the delegation are:
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi
- Chairman Adam Schiff, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Rep. Susan Davis, House Armed Services Committee
- Rep. Stephen Lynch, Chairman, House Oversight & Reform Subcommittee on National Security
- Rep. Gerry Connolly, Chairman of the U.S. Delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, House Oversight & Reform Committee, House Foreign Affairs Committee
- Rep. Jim Himes, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, House Financial Services Committee
- Rep. Bill Keating, Chairman, House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia, Energy and Environment, House Armed Services Committee
- Rep. Ro Khanna, House Armed Services Committee, House Oversight & Reform Committee
- Rep. Jason Crow, House Armed Services Committee
- Rep. Veronica Escobar, House Armed Services Committee