Pelosi Leads Delegation to Stuttgart, London, Dublin & Northern Ireland
April 12, 2019
Washington, D.C. — Speaker Nancy Pelosi is leading a Congressional delegation to visit the U.S. European and Africa military commands based in Stuttgart, and hold high-level discussions with senior government officials and meet with civil society leaders in London, Dublin and Northern Ireland.
“As we face evolving global security challenges, our delegation will thank and receive briefings from U.S. military leaders at U.S. Africa Command and U.S. European Command,” Speaker Pelosi said.
“Led by Ways & Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal, our delegation is strengthened by Members with deep expertise and years of leadership on the U.S.-Ireland alliance and Northern Ireland.” Speaker Pelosi continued. “We will meet with senior government officials and local leaders to learn more about the future of the UK and Ireland amid Brexit and to express America’s enduring commitment to a peaceful and prosperous future for all who live there.”
“The United Kingdom and Ireland each have a deep and special bond with the United States,” said Speaker Pelosi. “Our distinguished delegation is traveling at a critical moment for two of our closest allies, and we look forward to high-level discussions about the path forward on our shared security and economic interests.”
The Members of the congressional delegation are:
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi
- Chairman Richard Neal, Ways & Means Committee
- Congressman John Larson, Ways & Means Committee
- Congressman Brian Higgins, Ways & Means Committee and Budget Committee
- Congressman Joe Courtney, Armed Services Committee and Education & Labor Committee
- Congresswoman Suzan DelBene, Ways & Means Committee
- Congressman Dan Kildee, Ways & Means Committee
- Congressman Brendan Boyle, Ways & Means Committee and Budget Committee
- Congressman Steven Horsford, Ways & Means Committee, Budget Committee and Natural Resources Committee