As Trump Visits Duluth, Minnesotans’ Health Care & Jobs Under Threat from GOP/Trump Policies
Regardless of what he tells Minnesotans today, you can be sure he will leave out some of the more devastating consequences of the GOP policies he is celebrating including:
- $4.045 billion: The amount in goods and services exported across the northern border of Minnesota every year to Canada that are endangered, according to the Minnesota Trade office.
- 18,000: The number of good paying jobs in the 8th Congressional district Trump’s visiting that directly dependent on trade with Canada and are now being threatened.
- $42,700: Average tax cut for a Minnesotan in the top 1 percent in 2019 under the GOP tax scam for the rich.
- $774: Average tax cut for the bottom 80 percent of hardworking Minnesota families.
- 2.3 million: Minnesotans who have pre-existing conditions currently protected by law that are jeopardized by the Trump Administration’s demand that the courts to strike down protections for pre-existing conditions.
- 251,200: Minnesotans that would have lost health coverage by 2026 under the GOP House-passed Trumpcare bill.
- 3,300: Veterans in Minnesota that would have lost their Medicaid coverage under Trumpcare.
- $8,065: More older Minnesotans would have to pay because Trumpcare would allow insurers to charge people over age 50 five times more.
- $4,270: More for premiums Minnesotans could pay for coverage if they have asthma under Trumpcare because it would have allowed states to eliminate community rating.
- $17,060: More for premiums Minnesotans could pay for pregnancy under Trumpcare.
The American people are confronted with a GOP Congress and Administration that has taken every opportunity to stack the deck for the wealthy and well-connected against hard-working American families and seniors. From health care, to taxes, to good-paying jobs, to critical consumer protections President Trump and the GOP Congress are giving the American people a raw deal. Democrats are fighting for A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, and a Better Future for everyone.