Pelosi Announces Democratic Members of Select Intelligence Oversight Panel
Pelosi named Congressman Rush Holt of New Jersey as Chairman of the Select Intelligence Oversight Panel.
'Rush Holt's breadth of experience and depth of knowledge as a member of the Intelligence Committee for four years and chairman of its Intelligence Policy Subcommittee will make him an excellent leader on this issue of vital significance to our national security,' Pelosi said. 'He understands the need for timely and reliable intelligence and the role aggressive oversight plays in ensuring that the resources devoted to producing that kind of intelligence are spent well. Congressman Holt also appreciates that the establishment of this new oversight panel is a critical element in the implementation of recommendations of the 9/11 Commission and that the panel's performance will be one of the measures by which the success of that implementation is judged.'
The Democratic members of the Select Intelligence Oversight Panel include:
- Congressman Rush Holt of New Jersey, Chairman
- Congressman David Obey of Wisconsin
- Congressman John Murtha of Pennsylvania
- Congressman Silvestre Reyes of Texas
- Congressman Norm Dicks of Washington
- Congresswoman Nita Lowey of New York
- Congressman Bud Cramer of Alabama
- Congressman Adam Schiff of California