Speaker Ryan just got back from a four-nation tour of Europe, meeting with strategic NATO allies in Norway, the United Kingdom, Poland, and Estonia. He was joined by a bipartisan delegation of lawmakers who made it their mission to reaffirm the United States' strong commitment to NATO and to deterring Russian agression in the region. Here are a few photographic highlights from the trip.
1. Prime Minister Erna Solberg welcomes Speaker Ryan's Congressional delegation to Norway.
2. The United States and Norway have a long standing military-to-military relationship that includes Marine Corps pre-positioned stock that allows us to respond quickly to urgent security threats in the region.
3. You can take the Marine out of Wisconsin, but you can't take the Wisconsin out of the Marine.
The United Kingdom
4. One day after Prime Minister Theresa May announced a "snap election" in Great Britain, Speaker Ryan meets with the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Philip Hammond, at 11 Downing St.
5. At at UK think tank in London, Speaker Ryan spoke about the enduring importance of the special relationship between the United States and Great Britain.
6. UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson shows Speaker Ryan the Churchill war rooms from WWII.
7. President Andrzej Duda welcomes the Congressional delegation to Poland as Speaker Ryan expresses American solidarity in deterring Russian aggression.
8. Speaker Ryan thanks the Prime Minister of Estonia for hitting the two percent pledge that the United States has asked all NATO alliance partners to hit.
9. Speaker Ryan wields the gavel in the Estonian parliament.