As you may remember from your 4th grade history class, before a bill can become law, it must first be signed by the President, but did you know that it must also be signed by the Speaker of the House?
Sometimes, bill signing ceremonies can take place in front of lots of cameras with many members of Congress gathered around, but more often than not, these legislative victories are celebrated in a quieter fashion, with Speaker Boehner congratulating the sponsor of the legislation one-on-one.
NOTE: Each of the seven bills featured here ultimately went on to become law.
1. Searching for a Pen | March 5, 2014 | Learn more
2. The Official Pen Pass Off | May 21, 2014 | Learn more
3. Heck of a Handshake | July 16, 2014 | Learn more
4. O-H-I-O | December 3, 2014 | Learn more
5. And YOU Get a Pen | July 21, 2015 | Learn more
6. A Freshman's First Law | July 27, 2015 | Learn more
7. The Power of the Pen | July 11, 2014 | Learn more