Earlier this week, Speaker Ryan was in Texas, making stops at Southwest Airlines in Dallas and Catholic Charities in Fort Worth. Southwest is one of the hundreds of U.S. companies that have provided its employees with bonuses and increased U.S. investment following tax reform. The speaker toured the company’s Dallas headquarters, heard from employees about how they’ve used their $1,000 bonus checks, and participated in an employee Q&A. Down the road, Catholic Charities Fort Worth (CCFW) is doing great work in the community to help lift people out of poverty. While at CCFW, the speaker met with CCFW clients, mentors, and supporters to discuss ways in which we can tap into the potential of our growing economy with policies to help move people from welfare and develop our workforce.
Here are six photos from Speaker Ryan’s time in Texas:
1. Smooth Landing – Speaker Ryan takes a turn in the flight simulator, successfully (we’re told) flying over DC and landing at Reagan National Airport.
2. Flight Ready – Speaker Ryan stops by the training center for new employees, where he tours the mock airline cabin.
3. On Deck – Speaker Ryan meets with future Southwest Airlines trainees to learn more about their training program.
4. Co-pilots – Alongside Southwest Airlines CEO Gary Kelly and Ways and Means Chairman Kevin Brady (R-TX), Speaker Ryan takes questions from employees on everything from the updated tax code to FAA reform.
5. Inspirational Stories – At Catholic Charities Fort Worth (CCFW), Speaker Ryan meets with CCFW clients, mentors, and supporters to learn more about the organization’s work to help lift people out of poverty.
6. Off the Sidelines – Speaker Ryan participates in a workforce development discussion with CCFW President and CEO Heather Reynolds on how to help people move off of the sidelines and into the workforce.
Photos courtesy of Caleb Fisher, House Republican Conference.