WASHINGTON—Today, at a U.S. Capitol press conference, House Republicans unveiled a pro-growth blueprint for tax reform. It is our vision for a Confident America in which most Americans can do their taxes on a form as simple as a postcard. This is the sixth plank of A Better Way, a bold agenda to tackle some of our country’s biggest challenges.
Our plan—available now at better.gop—is based on three pillars:
- Simplicity and fairness. Our plan makes the tax code simpler, fairer, and flatter, so that it’s not only easier to do your taxes, but it’s also easier to have peace of mind at critical moments in life.
- Jobs and growth. Our plan makes it easier to create jobs, raise wages, and expand opportunity for all Americans.
- Service first IRS. Our plan matches a simpler, fairer tax code with a simpler, fairer IRS that puts taxpayers first.
These ideas were developed by the Task Force on Tax Reform, led by Ways and Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady (R-TX).
About A Better Way. A Better Way is a bold policy agenda to address some of the country’s biggest challenges. It takes our timeless principles—liberty, free enterprise, consent of the governed—and applies them to the problems of our time. Developed with input from around the country, it starts the debate now on what we can achieve in 2017 and beyond. It is our vision for a Confident America, at home and abroad. Now we are taking these ideas to the people, so you have a clear choice about the direction of the country. Previously released plans include:
- A Better Way to Fight Poverty
- A Better Way to Keep America Safe and Free
- A Better Way to Grow Our Economy
- A Better Way to Do The People’s Business
- A Better Way to Fix Health Care