Four years ago, President Trump and Vice President Pence came to Washington on a mission—to make America great again. They may have even kept more promises than they made. To that end, these are the top five Trump-Pence accomplishments that Leader McCarthy is proud to have helped make happen.
1. Tax Reform for Hardworking Families. With the passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, America’s economic comeback got a turbo boost, placing more money back into Americans’ own pockets, and putting the U.S. in a stronger position to weather the storm of the global pandemic.
2. A Secure Border. No other Administration has worked harder to keep America’s borders secure. And Leader McCarthy was one of its strongest allies in Congress, advocating for more resources for our Border Patrol and more funding to build the wall.
3. Better Trade Deals. After months of delay and leveraging a vote on impeachment Democrats finally got on a “path to yes” and Congress passed the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement. The result is a trade deal that finally puts American workers first.
4. Operation Warp Speed. We didn’t ask for the virus. We didn’t invite it. We didn’t choose it. But we will defeat it. Nothing about the last year has been easy, but the President’s swift decision to stop travel from China undoubtedly saved lives. The regulatory barriers he tore down made it possible for multiple vaccines to be developed, approved, and distributed. And the multiple coronavirus aid packages passed in Congress—and negotiated in part by Leader McCarthy—have helped get our country on the road to recovery.
5. Help for Veterans. From shortened wait times at the VA to expanded GI benefits, Leader McCarthy has worked with the Administration to ensure that our vets get the help they deserve.