21 Good Things From Congress You May Not Have Heard About | Speaker.gov

Later today, President Obama will sign into law the 21st Century Cures Act, groundbreaking legislation to jumpstart medical innovation and treatment for rare diseases. It will help save lives.

And if the president signs the national defense bill, our troops will see their biggest pay raise in six years.

Sometimes good news like this gets missed, so Speaker Ryan made a listyes yes, we checked it twice—and shared it at his last weekly press briefing of 2016

“The holiday season is a time for making lists, so today I would like to offer one of my own. These are just some of the things that the 114th Congress has achieved for the American people:

My predecessor, John Boehner, was a big part of this work. He used to say that about 90 percent of what we do around here is bipartisan. It’s the other 10 percent that tends to get all the attention. Bipartisanship is not rare. It is just rarely noted.